Change doesn’t need to be hard: leverage StrataCom’s migration toolkit for a graceful transition from Cherwell to Jira Service Management
Facing little new development and an outdated user interface, Cherwell customers are realizing now is an ideal time to plan a new path ahead. StrataCom is excited about Jira Service Management as a replacement alternative. Ranked as a Leader by ITSM industry analysts, JSM offers a robust, modern alternative with a user-friendly interface that connects Dev, IT Ops, and business teams to quickly respond to change and deliver exceptional service experiences.
StrataCom’s data migration tool allows customers interesting in moving from Cherwell to Jira Service Management to migrate their historical Cherwell data for a quick and smooth conversion.
- Built-in out of box mappings from Cherwell core modules to JSM core modules
- An Easy-to-use mapping tool to map custom Cherwell fields to JSM fields
- Configurable to map any Cherwell object to any JSM Object
- Uses native REST API calls to grab data from Cherwell and move it to JSM
StrataCom's Cherwell to JSM Migration Toolkit Video:
In our recent webinar, StrataCom hosts a deep dive on our Cherwell to Jira Service Management migration process and our powerful Migration Toolkit.
Joining our host, Laura Walker, are Eric Krueger and Rod Schmitt, who bring a wealth of knowledge and experience in IT service management and the migration process. Rod Schmitt from Atlassian shares his expertise, highlighting the key advantages and functionalities of JSM. With Jira Service Management being the fastest growing ITSM platform in the market, known for its modern UI and seamless integration with Jira and Confluence, Rod explains why more and more organizations are making the switch from competing platforms like ServiceNow and Cherwell.
Eric dives into the nitty-gritty details of data migration from Cherwell to JSM. He discusses the innovative data migration utility developed by StrataCom, which allows for smooth and efficient transfer of customer data. From manipulating data to creating data maps, querying and updating systems, and even handling attachments, Eric walks the audience through the various scenarios and considerations involved in a successful migration.
In addition, Eric touches on the challenges in migrating knowledge-based articles and workflows, the limitations of Cherwell’s API, and the advantages of Jira’s extensive capabilities.
Key Topics and Bullets from our Migration Webinar:
Introduction and Background
- Introduction to the webinar and guest speakers
- Overview of Atlassian and its product offerings (Jira, Jira Service Management, and Confluence)
- Quick overview of StrataCom as a preferred partner for JSM implementations
Overview of Jira Service Management (JSM)
- JSM’s features and benefits include its modern UI and integration with Jira and Confluence
- JSM’s offers lower total cost of ownership (TCO) than competitors
- JSM’s low-code solution and integration capabilities are a big as advantages over the other comparable solutions
- Atlassian is recognized as a market leader by Gartner
Data Migration Utility for Cherwell to Jira Migration
- Overview of the data migration utility developed by StrataCom
- Explanation of how the utility transfers data from Cherwell to JSM using a mapping engine and mapping files
- Utility’s ability to manipulate data, remove line breaks, create data maps, and migrate related records
- Demonstrated flexibility in treating special fields and handling different migration scenarios
- Highlight of the utility’s support for rich text fields, attachments, and complex lookups
Migration of Knowledge Base Articles
- Discussion on storing and transferring KB articles between incidents and creating new knowledge-based articles
- Emphasis on relationships in Cherwell and JSM to streamline the process
- Mention of storing knowledge base as a field or a relationship in JSM